Tacos are the secret national dish and essential to the Mexican cuisine. Among the thousands of variations you can find our favourites here.
for 2 people
- ¼ head of white or red cabbage
- 1 small onion
- 2 tomatoes
- Coriander or parsley
- Pickled or fresh jalapeños
- 3 limes
- 200g minced meat (beef or pork)
- Olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika
- Cheese that melts easily
- 4-6 small flour or corn tortillas
- Sour cream / crème fraîche
- Hot sauce (Tabasco, Cholula, etc.)
Step 1: Prepare the side dishes in small bowls
Cut the cabbage into thin strips. Cut the onion and tomatoes into small cubes, and mix in the chopped coriander / parsley. Cut the jalapeños into small pieces. Halve the limes.
step 2: prepare meat
Heat some olive oil in a frying pan, fry and season the minced meat.
step 3: Prepare the tortillas
Cover half of each tortilla with cheese and heat in a non-stick pan until the cheese has melted.
step 4: top the caramelos
Topp the caramelos with meat and the side dishes of your choice, add the various sauces and drizzle with lime juice.